The Rieferhof originally (Riffe) existed since about the year 1000. The old house wore the number “Mille” (One thousand in italian) under the roof. The name was mentioned in written form for the first time in the year 1307.
The present house was built in 1960. Previously the Rieferhof was used together with the Rizhof in a self catering form. Mainly for cereals, potatoes and vegetables, as well as horses used as working animals, cattle for milk, butter and meat as a supplier. Also sheep, goats, pigs, chickens and other small animals were kept.
1959 Rizhof and Riffe were divided between the brothers Josef and Peter Portner for inheritance. In 1997, Walter & Helga Portner took over the Ranch and implemented a Western / trail horse riding and later also a small Angus breed, as well as a Saloon “Old Riffe“ and apartments.